Instagram for Lawyers: Benefits of Instagram Ads and How to Get Started
Instagram is a widely-used photo and video-sharing social networking platform by Facebook. According to the Pew Research Center, Instagram is the third most widely used online platform among U.S. adults after YouTube and Facebook. In this article, we discuss the benefits of Instagram advertising for lawyers and how to get started with them.
How Can Instagram Ads Benefit Lawyers?
Though notoriously popular among teenagers, actually 48 percent of U.S. adults between the ages of 30 and 49 use Instagram. That means your law firm may be able to use this platform to attract clients if used properly. Instagram ads can benefit your law firm in the following ways:
- Brand awareness. Using detailed targeting, you can put your ads in front of thousands of locals in your community. This will increase brand awareness for your law firm in your area.
- Lead generation. Using Instagram ads, you can put your firm in front of your target audience. With effective targeting and a strong call-to-action, you can increase your law firm’s lead generation.
How to Set up Instagram Ads for Your Law Firm
Just like Facebook advertising for lawyers, you set up Instagram ads through Facebook Ads Manager. Facebook’s platform allows you to create custom audiences for your Instagram ads. You can use detailed targeting to put your ads in front of your target audience. Targeting options include:
Types of Instagram Ad Placements
Facebook uses automatic placement across Facebook and Instagram when you publish a new ad. This means that Facebook will automatically push your ads on Facebook, Instagram and Facebook’s Audience Network. However, you have the option to choose to place your ads only on Instagram. Currently, Instagram supports the following types of ad placements:
- Feed. This is the main newsfeed on the Instagram platform. Users may see your ad while they scroll through the feed.
- Stories. Users may see your ad while tapping through other users’ Instagram Stories.
- Explore. Users can discover new accounts in Instagram Explore. When a user taps on a photo or video, the user may see an ad.
- IGTV. IGTV allows users to upload long-form videos. Your ad may appear when a user taps on a video.
- Reels. Reels are 15-second videos on Instagram. Reels ads will show in between reels.
MediaSmack Helps Lawyers Get Started With Instagram Ads Nationwide
If you are ready to incorporate Instagram ads into your digital marketing strategy, MediaSmack is here to help. We handle social media marketing for solo practitioners and law firms across the country. Call us today at (888) 530-2935 or contact us online to get started.