MediaSmack SEO Agreement
MediaSmack SEO Agreement
SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION AND REPORTING AGREEMENT
This Search Engine Optimization and Reporting Agreement (“Agreement”) is hereby entered into between MediaSmack, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “Company”) and the party set forth in the related quote (“Customer” or “you”) incorporated herein by this reference (together with any subsequent quotes submitted by Customer, the “Quote”) and applies to the purchase of all Search Engine Optimization and Reporting Services (hereinafter collectively referred to as “SEO Services”) ordered by Customer.
- TERM AND TERMINATION. This Agreement shall be effective as of the time frame set forth on the Quote. This Agreement may be terminated by either party upon 30 days written notice to the other after the term based on the contract has passed. This Agreement may be terminated by Company (i) immediately if Customer fails to pay any fees hereunder; or (ii) if Customer fails to cooperate with Company or hinders Company’s ability to perform the SEO Services hereunder.
- This agreement will be automatically renewed, on the same terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement, for successive periods of (1) year, beyond the original Termination date, unless, at least (30) days, but not more than (90) days, prior to the original termination date, either Party gives the other party written notice that it elects to terminate this Agreement or it shall be renewed beyond the original termination date and the provisions for renewal, notice, and termination contained in this paragraph shall apply to each subsequent renewal period. Company will use every method available to it in order to collect this debt, including but not limited to bringing an action to collect all amounts owed; and/or taking any action allowed by law. If, after your default, we refer your Account for collection to an attorney or collection agency who is not our salaried employee, you will pay, to the extent permitted by applicable law, our collection costs, including court costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees.
- Company makes no guarantees or warranties as to the validity of the inquiries or as to the number of inquiries as a result of the Internet marketing services. Client agrees that no representations verbal, written, or otherwise have been made other than what is contained in this agreement. When providing Internet marketing services, Company assumes no responsibility for the search engine(s) that contain the listing going down. You understand and agree that the service is provided on an “as is” basis.
- Company gives no warranty, express or implied, for the Internet marketing services provided, including, without limitation, warranty of merchantability and warranty of fitness for a particular purpose. This “no warranty” clause expressly includes any reimbursement for losses of income due to disruption of service by the provider or its providers. Client understands and agrees that Company shall not be liable for any damages whether direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary including but not limited to damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses.
- Custom Websites: Two web designs will be submitted for approval. Within 7 calendar days of submission, the client must choose one design and may make revisions to the chosen design. Client may make up to three rounds of design changes for no additional fee. If no changes are submitted within the 7 calendar days, the artwork is considered approved. If client then wants to make design changes after allotted time, client will be subject to fees
CUSTOMER RESPONSIBILITIES. For the purposes of providing these services, Customer agrees:
- To provide Company with FTP access to its web sites for uploading new pages, and making changes for the purpose of SEO Services optimization or approval to go through a third party.
- To authorize Company use of all Customer’s logos, trademarks, Web site images, etc., for use in creating informational pages and any other uses as deemed necessary by Company for search engine positioning and optimization.
- That if Customer’s web site(s) is light in textual content, Customer will provide additional relevant text content in electronic format for the purpose of creating additional web pages. Customer agrees to provide content, for example, 200 to 500-word “articles” about each of their keyword phrases.
- CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS. Customer understands, acknowledges and agrees that:
- Company has no control over the policies of search engines or directories with respect to the type of sites and/or content that they accept now or in the future. Customer’s web site(s) may be excluded from any search engine or directory at any time at the sole discretion of the search engine or directory entity. Company will resubmit those pages that have been dropped from the index.
- Some search engines and directories may take as long as two (2) to four (4) months, and in some cases longer, after submission to list Customer’s website(s).
- Occasionally, search engines and directories will stop accepting submissions for an indefinite period of time.
- Occasionally, search engines and directories will drop listings for no apparent or predictable reason. Often listing will “reappear” without any additional submissions. Should the listing not reappear, Company will re-submit the web site(s) based on the current policies of the search engine or directory in question.
- Some search engines and directories offer expedited listing services for a fee. Company encourages Customer to take advantage of these expedited services. Customer is responsible for all expedited service fees unless otherwise noted in the Quote.
- E-MAIL/ 3RD PARTY. Company is not responsible for changes made to Customer’s web site(s) by other parties that adversely affect the search engine or directory rankings of Customer’s web site(s) Including:
- WordPress Access: We provide our clients WordPress access at the client’s request. Company are not jointly or severally liable for Malware attacks from 3rd Party Access or Client Access to their site.
- Email problems, such as the configuration of email settings, Company does not manage email hosting or DNS resolve problems. Company suggests Customers use Office365 or Google Apps for Business. If your Email goes down please contact your IT or Email hosting Company. When we take over a site, we bring over the Email setting provided yy the client’s IT department or Microsoft or Google.
- Issues with 3rd party software.
- Delays due to client or 3rd party changes.
- Website Hijacking, Malware Injection, Hacking.
- Spam problems (Company does not Manually filter leads, therefore, some spam will get through. People Can and will bypass bot checks by manual submissions. )
- HOSTING OUTSIDE COMPANY AND CLOUDFLARE PROTECTION. Customer shall indemnify and hold harmless Company (and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees) from any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and all related costs and expenses) incurred by Company as a result of Hosting outside of Company’s servers and/or by refusing Company’s Cloudflare DNS service. Any fixes to the server or website(s) to such servers or websites that are not hosted by Company and/or not in Company’s Cloudflare service will be billed to Client. See Appendix 6 for Examples.
- SITE FIXES, CHANGES, AND UPDATES
- SUPPORT TICKET FIXES, BLOG POST, UPDATES
- (Tier 1) 4h/month
- (Tier 2) 3h/month
- (Tier 3) 2h/month
- (Tier 4) 1.5h/month
- (Tier 5) 1h/month
- (Basic) 0.5h/month
- INDEMNIFICATION. Customer shall indemnify and hold harmless Company (and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees) from any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and all related costs and expenses) incurred by Company as a result of any claim, judgment, or adjudication against Company related to or arising from (a) any photographs, illustrations, graphics, audio clips, video clips, text, data or any other information, content, display, or material (whether written, graphic, sound, or otherwise) provided by Customer to Company (the “Customer Content”), or (b) a claim that Company’s use of the Customer Content infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party. To qualify for such defense and payment, Company must: (i) give Customer prompt written notice of a claim; and (ii) allow Customer to control, and fully cooperate with Customer in, the defense and all related negotiations.
- DISCLAIMER OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SEO SERVICES WILL MEET THE CUSTOMER’S EXPECTATIONS OR REQUIREMENTS. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE IS WITH CUSTOMER. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN THIS AGREEMENT, COMPANY PROVIDES ITS SERVICES “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT (A) THE LIMITED WARRANTIES SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION ARE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY EACH PARTY, AND (B) EACH PARTY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, PERFORMANCE OR INABILITY TO PERFORM UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, THE CONTENT, AND EACH PARTY’S COMPUTING AND DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM. IF ANY PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE UNLAWFUL, VOID, OR FOR ANY REASON UNENFORCEABLE, THEN THAT PROVISION SHALL BE DEEMED SEVERABLE FROM THIS AGREEMENT AND SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY AND ENFORCEABILITY OF ANY REMAINING PROVISIONS.
- LIMITED LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, LOST PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT FORESEEABLE OR ALLEGED TO BE BASED ON BREACH OF WARRANTY, CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY, ARISING UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, LOSS OF DATA, OR ANY PERFORMANCE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY PROVIDED HEREIN. THERE SHALL BE NO REFUNDS. COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH REGARD TO ANY THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT OR ANY SOFTWARE, EQUIPMENT, OR HARDWARE OBTAINED FROM THIRD PARTIES.
- CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIONS. Customer makes the following representations and warranties for the benefit of Company:
- Customer represents to Company and unconditionally guarantees that any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork furnished to Company are owned by Customer, or that Customer has permission from the rightful owner to use each of these elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend Company and its subcontractors from any claim or suit arising from the use of such elements furnished by Customer.
- Customer guarantees any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork provided to Company for inclusion on the website above are owned by Customer, or that Customer has received permission from the rightful owner(s) to use each of the elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend Company and its subcontractors from any liability or suit arising from the use of such elements.
- From time to time governments enact laws and levy taxes and tariffs affecting Internet electronic commerce. Customer agrees that the client is solely responsible for complying with such laws, taxes, and tariffs, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend Company and its subcontractors from any claim, suit, penalty, tax, or tariff arising from Customer’s exercise of Internet electronic commerce.
- CONFIDENTIALITY. The parties agree to hold each other’s Proprietary or Confidential Information in strict confidence. “Proprietary or Confidential Information” shall include, but is not limited to, written or oral contracts, trade secrets, know-how, business methods, business policies, memoranda, reports, records, computer retained information, notes, or financial information. Proprietary or Confidential Information shall not include any information which: (i) is or becomes generally known to the public by any means other than a breach of the obligations of the receiving party; (ii) was previously known to the receiving party or rightly received by the receiving party from a third party; (iii) is independently developed by the receiving party; or (iv) is subject to disclosure under court order or other lawful process. The parties agree not to make each other’s Proprietary or Confidential Information available in any form to any third party or to use each other’s Proprietary or Confidential Information for any purpose other than as specified in this Agreement. Each party’s proprietary or confidential information shall remain the sole and exclusive property of that party. The parties agree that in the event of use or disclosure by the other party other than as specifically provided for in this Agreement, the non-disclosing party may be entitled to equitable relief. Notwithstanding termination or expiration of this Agreement, Company and Customer acknowledge and agree that their obligations of confidentiality with respect to Proprietary or Confidential Information shall continue in effect for a total period of three (3) years from the effective date.
- FORCE MAJEURE. Neither party will be liable for, or will be considered to be in breach of or default under this Agreement on account of, any delay or failure to perform as required by this Agreement as a result of any causes or conditions that are beyond such Party’s reasonable control and that such Party is unable to overcome through the exercise of commercially reasonable diligence. If any force majeure event occurs, the affected Party will give prompt written notice to the other Party and will use commercially reasonable efforts to minimize the impact of the event
- RELATIONSHIP OF PARTIES. Company, in rendering performance under this Agreement, shall be deemed an independent contractor and nothing contained herein is viewed by the parties to constitute employment, a joint venture, or a partnership. Customer does not undertake by this Agreement, the Quote or otherwise to perform any obligation of Company, whether by regulation or contract. In no way is Company to be construed as the agent or to be acting as the agent of Customer in any respect, any other provisions of this Agreement notwithstanding.
- NOTICE AND PAYMENT. Any notice required to be given under this Agreement shall be in writing and delivered personally to the other designated party at the addresses listed in the Quote mailed by certified, registered or express mail, return receipt requested or by Federal Express. Either party may change its address to which notice or payment is to be sent by written notice to the other under any provision of this paragraph.
- JURISDICTION/DISPUTES. This Agreement shall be governed in accordance with the laws of the State of California. All disputes under this Agreement shall be resolved by litigation in the courts of the State of California including the federal courts therein and the Parties all consent to the jurisdiction of such courts, agree to accept service of process by mail, and hereby waive any jurisdictional or venue defenses otherwise available to it.
- AGREEMENT BINDING ON SUCCESSORS. The provisions of the Agreement shall be binding upon and shall inure to the benefit of the Parties hereto, their heirs, administrators, successors, and assigns.
- ASSIGNABILITY. Customer may not assign this Agreement or the rights and obligations thereunder to any third party without the prior express written approval of Company. Company reserves the right to assign subcontractors as needed to this project to ensure on-time completion.
- WAIVER. No waiver by either party of any default shall be deemed as a waiver of prior or subsequent default of the same of other provisions of this Agreement.
- SEVERABILITY. If any term, clause or provision hereof is held invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the validity or operation of any other term, clause or provision and such invalid term, clause or provision shall be deemed to be severed from the Agreement.
- INTEGRATION. This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the Parties, and revokes and supersedes all prior agreements between the Parties and is intended as a final expression of their Agreement. It shall not be modified or amended except in writing signed by the Parties hereto and specifically referring to this Agreement. This Agreement shall take precedence over any other documents which may conflict with this Agreement.
- NO INFERENCE AGAINST AUTHOR. No provision of this Agreement shall be interpreted against any Party because such Party or its legal representative drafted such provision
- DISPUTES. Customer and Company agree to make a good-faith effort to resolve any disagreement arising out of, or in connection with, this Agreement through negotiation. Should the parties fail to resolve any such disagreement within ten (10) days, any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, including, without limitation, the interpretation or breach thereof, shall be submitted by either party in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitration shall be conducted by one arbitrator, who shall be (a) selected in the sole discretion of the American Arbitration Association administrator and (b) a licensed attorney with at least ten (10) years’ experience in the practice of law and at least five (5) years’ experience in the negotiation of technology contracts or litigation of technology disputes. The arbitrator shall have the power to enter any award that could be entered by a judge of the state courts of California sitting without a jury, and only such power, except that the arbitrator shall not have the power to award punitive damages, treble damages, or any other damages which are not compensatory, even if permitted under the laws of the State of California or any other applicable law. The arbitrator must issue his or her resolution of any dispute within thirty (30) days of the date the dispute is submitted for arbitration. The written decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding and enforceable in any court having jurisdiction over the parties and the subject matter of the arbitration. Notwithstanding the foregoing, this Section shall not preclude either party from seeking temporary, provisional, or injunctive relief from any court.
- READ AND UNDERSTOOD. Each Party acknowledges that it has read and understands this Agreement and agrees to be bound by its terms and conditions.
- DULY AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE. Each Party warrants that their representative whose signature appears below is duly authorized by all necessary and appropriate corporate actions to execute this Agreement.
Our focus is to develop websites that not only load fast and efficiently but creates a user experience that engages the user. We plan, create and implement a specialized Web presence that converts sales, leads, and positions you ahead of your competitors. In addition, Company’s industry-leading quality assurance process ensures that every deliverable produced for your company adheres to the most rigorous design and programming standards.