Twitter for Attorneys: How to Use Twitter to Boost Online Visibility
With 330 million users actively using the platform, Twitter remains one of the most-used social platforms worldwide.
The number of monthly active users has continued to climb since 2010. While this is true, in many cases Twitter for attorneys remains an untapped source. If you’re an attorney that has neglected Twitter in the past, fear not. It’s easy to get started.
How Attorneys Can Use Twitter for Law Firm Marketing
Building up your online presence through Twitter will take time.
Here’s how you can get started:
- Create a Twitter Profile. Start by creating a Twitter profile that bolsters your law firm’s branding. Each Twitter profile has a profile image, a cover image and a bio. Your digital marketing team will need to create images that are both desktop and mobile-friendly for Twitter.
- Use Hashtags. You can create a hashtag by placing the Ampersand symbol ahead of a word or a phrase. If you use a phrase, you’ll want to make sure there are no spaces between each word. When you create a hashtag, you are creating a searchable tag. Users can use this hashtag to find related tweets. For example, if you use the hashtag “#BankruptcyLaw” you’ll find recent tweets about bankruptcy law.
- Tweet Relevant Content. When you create content to tweet, be sure it is useful, unique and quality content. Your message is more likely to resonate with a user if the content is useful and can only be found via your tweet. If your message resonates with a user, they may even retweet, or repost, it for their audience to see.
- Engage with Other Users. Twitter profiles that engage with followers and other active accounts become more prominent with their followers. When followers see your replies, retweets and likes you’re not only building brand awareness, you’re increasing the likelihood that they’ll follow you in the long term. We recommend starting by following accounts that are relevant to yours. If you are a personal injury lawyer in Frisco, Texas, this may mean following the Frisco Chamber of Commerce and other local organizations.
- Stand Out with Images and Video. Video views increased 62% from 2019 to 2020. Video watch time has also increased by 72% year-over-year. What does this tell us? Users have become increasingly interested in video as a media form. You should consider using video and engaging images when creating your social media content.
If you have questions about marketing on Twitter for attorneys, you can speak with our team. Our Austin and Frisco digital marketing teams specialize in social media marketing for law firms. We are happy to review your social media marketing to help point you in the right direction. We offer social media marketing and other digital marketing services to clients nationwide. Please call one of our consultants at (888) 530-2935 or contact us online.