What to Know About Google Local Services Ads for Lawyers
Google Local Services Ads for lawyers is your ticket to the very top of Google’s search results page. When users search for local attorneys in their area, Local Services Ads (LSAs) may be the first thing they see. Below, our digital marketing specialists explain LSAs, how they are different from traditional Google Ads, their benefits and how to get started.
What Are Google Local Services Ads (LSAs) for Attorneys?
A Google Local Services Ad is an advertisement that appears at the top of Google search results. Potential clients can use them to find and directly book appointments with local attorneys in their area. Here is an example of what LSAs look like:
Recently, Google expanded its LSAs option to lawyers in various practice areas, including, but not limited to:
- Personal injury law
- Criminal law
- Business law
- Bankruptcy law
- Disability law
- Estate law
- Family law
- Immigration law
- Intellectual property law
- Labor law
See a full list of professional services currently supported by LSAs.
How Are Google Local Services Ads Different From Google Ads?
Google Ads is a platform for pay-per-click (PPC) advertising. You bid for ad placement. When a user clicks on your ad, he or she goes to a landing page on your website, and you are charged for that click. Additionally, Google bases your ads’ rankings on a Quality Score, or the quality of your:
- Landing page
- Ad text
Google Local Services Ads are different from traditional PPC advertising. When a potential client clicks on a LSA, you are not charged for the click. He or she lands on a Google profile of your law firm. Your profile may include your firm’s:
- Phone number
- Hours of operation
- Service area
A potential client can call you directly from the ad. You may also afford potential clients the option to message you directly from the ad.
Your LSAs’ rankings on search results depend on the following factors:
- Firm’s proximity to the potential client’s location
- Business hours
- Review score and the amount of reviews you receive from clients
- Responsiveness to potential client inquiries and/or requests
- Whether Google has received serious or repeated complaints about your firm
Here is an example of a profile page on LSAs. You can see in the example below that the only way to contact this firm is by phone. The firm will only pay for the lead if the user directly calls them from the ad.
What Are the Benefits of Google Local Services Ads for My Law Firm?
Local Service Ads can complement your digital marketing strategy and take it to the next level. Here is how:
- LSAs are at the top of Google search results. LSAs show up before PPC ads, Google map listings and organic results (SEO). These ads are the first thing a prospective client sees when searching for a local law firm.
- You pay per lead, not per click. A user has to physically call your firm or direct message you before Google charges you. Since you pay per lead, you maximize your exposure to locals in your service area with intent to speak to an attorney.
- Potential clients contact you directly from the ad. Users are not directed to your website at all. They can call you or message you quickly and directly from the ad.
- You receive a Google Screened badge. A Google badge can help create credibility and trust with potential clients. It tells users that Google has verified your background, law license and backs your services.
How Do I Get Started on Google Local Services Ads as a Lawyer?
Law firms and solo practitioners must go through a vetting process in order to advertise with LSAs. The vetting process includes:
- Background check of the owner
- Confirmation of law license
- Proof of insurance
Are you interested in adding LSAs to your digital marketing strategy? MediaSmack can help. We are a trusted Google Partner, and can set up and manage your Local Services Ads. Call us at (888) 530-2935 or fill out our online contact form to discuss strategy and get started.