Frequently Asked Questions
Quick Answers to Your Questions About Digital Marketing
Below, our internet marketing specialists answer common questions that we receive about digital marketing.
Frequently Asked Questions About Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO (search engine optimization) is a broad term that describes the practice of optimizing websites so they are more likely to appear on search engine results pages (SERPs) for relevant search terms. Different from paid advertising, SEO organically grows your business’s online presence. It focuses on increasing the quality and quantity of traffic from organic search results.
SEO is important to your online marketing efforts for many reasons. For example, effective SEO services can:
- Organically improve your firm or business’s online visibility
- Create and increase your brand awareness to an online audience
- Strengthen your business’s reputation
- Target a unique audience for your business goals
There is no black and white answer to this question. SEO is a competitive process. What this means is that your progress depends upon many factors, including the competition in your area. If you have a lot of competitors, and if those competitors have well-optimized and established sites, then it may generally take longer to see results.
There is one very important rule about SEO that you should remember: SEO is a marathon, not a sprint. Any SEO campaign for a business, regardless of the business’s location, takes patience. This is true whether you hire MediaSmack or another digital marketing company.
- It builds up your website’s authority. If your site has a high number of credible backlinks that are relevant to your business, Google and other search engines may recognize your site as authoritative. The more authoritative your website, the more likely you are to outrank your competitors.
- It can increase your website visibility and rankings. Backlinks help to increase your brand awareness to a larger audience. Additionally, if a lot of high authority websites are pointing back to the content on your website, the content may start to rank higher on Google.
- It increases the referral traffic to your website. Google tracks traffic from outside websites, like Yelp, as referral traffic. This referral traffic can potentially turn into new clients for your firm or business.
Frequently Asked Questions About Paid Advertising
Pay-per-click advertising is a type of internet marketing in which you place an ad on Google or another website, and you pay a fee each time your ad is clicked. Literally, you pay per each click. Basically, you are buying leads to your website. Once a user clicks on your ad, he or she is directed to a landing page on your website.
What are the benefits of PPC marketing?
There are many benefits of successful paid search marketing campaigns, such as pay-per-click. A few of these benefits include:
- You reach your target audience. PPC allows you control over who sees your ads. You can hone in on users who are more likely to convert into clients or customers.
- You get fast results that are easy to measure. Unlike SEO, which can take months to see a solid footing, PPC can quickly increase your audience and drive measurable leads to your website.
- PPC generally pays for itself. When the cost for each ad click is less than the amount of sales that are generated from conversions, you have a cost-effective return on your investment.
LSAs are a recent advertisement option from Google. A Local Services Ad is an ad that appears at the very top of Google search results. Search users can use them to find and directly book appointments with local businesses in their area.
LSAs are different from PPC ads in that you do not pay for each click. You pay per lead. A user has to call your business or direct message you before Google charges you.